Let the Swap Begin!
Bring 3 items of quality clothing that you own, love and that either you haven't worn in a while or feel like you've had way too many pictures in and exchange them for something new to you! On the night we will share some information about our exciting plans over the next few months and our parent company New Fashion Society: Rotterdam. Whether you are interested in Joining our Team or Becoming a Member we welcome you for an evening of chit-chat, canapès, and cheeky drinkies ;)
Drop-off at Hillstreet Design House between 14:00 and 16:00 on the day of the event (Friday 26th February). If you can't make it, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for them to be collected at a time and location convenient for you.
Where does my £10 go?
More than half the water associated with clothes purchased in the UK comes from countries where there is water stress or scarcity. Reducing waste and increasing re-use are some priorities of NFS Edinburgh.
That's why for this event we are donating 50% of all profits to The One Foundation; Working towards a world where everyone has access to safe, clean drinking water.
Fashion is the 2nd most polluting industry in the world.
£140 million (350 tonnes) of used clothing goes to landfill in the UK every year.
20,000 litres of water is required to process one t-shirt and one denim from growing cotton to finished garment.
That’s equal to filling over 1,000 bathtubs to capacity.
Valuing our Clothes highlights that extending the active life of clothes by nine months could save consumers around £5 billion per year and reduce the carbon, water and waste footprints by around 20-30% each.
Goals for the evening
* Encourage individuals to Join a Team (discussing application process) or Become a Member (discuss membership options)
* Enable an open environment for communication about challenges and issues the fashion industry faces
* Establish a strong brand identity among students, industry professionals and the Edinburgh Fashion Community
* Inform guests about the 'Fashion in Entrepreneurship' conference on Thursday 10th March 2016. Titled – Harnessing Uncertainty: Social, Cultural and Economic Capital in Fashion
* Create opportunities in the fashion business for students that aspire a career in fashion to work together
* Generate Awareness of the Society Coming to Edinburgh (Official Launch September 2015)